Boxpark to bring its shipping container pop-up mall to Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
A street food market and pop-up shopping centre is set to open in the heart of Wembley Park in late 2018.
Boxpark has announced it is bringing together a community of brands specialising in fashion, arts, food and drinks to Olympic Way next year.
The mall is the company’s third “shipping container” venture after opening in Shoreditch in 2010 and Croydon in 2016.
Plans include an event space for up to 2,000 people and 29 units for independent and established food retailers,
Boxpark Wembley said it will work closely with the local community to host a series of live music, events, talks and workshops, offering a programme of over 200 events year round.
Roger Wade, founder and ceo of Boxpark, said: “I’m delighted to announce the opening of the third Boxpark site.
“Boxpark Wembley is located in an iconic location. We look forward to working closely with Quintain, Brent Council and the other venue operators on the site, to develop a world class food, drink and entertainment destination, and possibly the best fan park in the world.”
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
Angus Dodd, ceo of Quintain, developers of the multi-million pound Wembley Park complex, said: “Boxpark Wembley will open up Wembley Park to a whole new audience and we are looking forward to welcoming them, along with those that live and work here already, as we work closely with Boxpark to deliver this new exciting venue for London.”