Boundary changes shake up could take in Harrow wards
- Credit: Archant
Brent North's MP will take in Harrow wards "for the first time ever" if a radical proposed redrawing of the electoral map goes ahead.
The Boundary Commission for England (BCE) has unveiled proposals for the constituency boundaries which could be in place at the next general election.
Among the changes Brent North will become known as Kenton & Wembley West and Harlesden will become part of West Hampstead & Kilburn.
Barry Gardiner has been MP for Brent North since 1997 but said he's not going to get "too excited".
"I've learned never to get too excited by these initial proposals," he said. "They always get changed.
You may also want to watch:
"It would affect my constituency of Brent North and for the first time ever, take in wards from Harrow Council.
"I expect the final boundary will be very different."
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
The Labour MP will take on three Kenton wards - Kenton West and Kenton East from Harrow as well as Kenton which is the existing Brent ward.
Brent Central will include Alperton, Tokynton, Wembley Hill , Wembley Park, Cricklewood , Dollis Hill, Roundwood, Stonebridge and Willesden Green.
A new West Hampstead and Kilburn seat will stretch from Frognal in the east to Harlesden in the west, and take in Brondesbury Park, Kensal Green, Kilburn and South Hampstead.