Bonuses protest will go ahead
by Alex Wellman Plans for a protest against a school which paid its headteacher thousands of pounds in bonuses will go ahead despite governors cancelling a meeting. Teachers, parents and pupils have pledged to go ahead with voicing their
by Alex Wellman
Plans for a protest against a school which paid its headteacher thousands of pounds in bonuses will go ahead despite governors cancelling a meeting.
Teachers, parents and pupils have pledged to go ahead with voicing their displeasure at the state of affairs at Copland School in Cecil Avenue, Wembley, despite the governors meeting being postponed.
The protest had originally been planned to coincide with the meeting to put pressure on governors to act on demands made by teachers at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say they are disgusted with reports that head teacher Sir Alan Davies received �130,000 in bonuses over two years.
Protestors are demanding that an investigation into the bonuses be undertaken and three members of staff who have been suspended be re-instated.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Pupils old and new are expected to join parents and teachers at the protest outside the school from 5.30pm today.
For more on this story keep visiting www.wbtimes.co.uk
Follow latest reports about this story on this website, on Facebook by becoming a friend of Willesden Brent Times and on Twitter by following WBTimes - twitter.com/WBTimes