Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- Credit: Archant
Brent is in the top 10 boroughs in London for doling out blue badge related fines to motorists abusing the system.
The research, by Uswitch.com, collected and analysed Freedom of Information requests to councils around the UK, revealing the areas with the highest number of blue badge offences.
Motorists in Brent were handed the 7th highest number in 2020 with 2,663 PCNs issued.
Barking and Dagenham were top with 3,714 fines issued.
A blue badge offence includes using an invalid badge, or a badge by an unauthorised person, the use of a lost or stolen badge and parking in a disabled space without clearly displaying a blue badge.
As previously reported Blue Badge fraud doubled in Brent in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Joel Kempson, car insurance expert at Uswitch.com said: “The blue badge scheme was introduced by the government to help those with mobility issues park close to where they need to go.
“Drivers who abuse the blue badge policy could face a fine of up to £1,000. Yet despite the risk of hefty penalties, it’s clear the law is disregarded by many motorists risking large fines to park for free or closer to their destination."
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds