Football supporters' group creates new Wembeerly IPA
- Credit: Block 109
A new beer has been launched in support of grassroots football made from the same seeds as the turf at Wembley Stadium.
Block 109, an England supporters’ group, has teamed up with Portobello Brewery to create the brew.
Every purchase of Wembeerly IPA will include a donation to grassroots for good, a community network that supports the grassroots of the game.
The beer is the first of its kind - made using the same ryegrass seeds as the hallowed turf at Wembley - and has so far been ordered by 15 pubs in London.
Kunal Sapat founded Block 109 in 2018 to “create an inclusive fan group to give Wembley an atmospheric identity”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “In three years, we’ve grown exponentially and raised thousands of pounds for charity, but we’re hoping this project can be our biggest yet and help support the heartbeat of our national game, grassroots football”.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Residents priced out the area they grew up in