Football supporters' group creates new Wembeerly IPA
- Credit: Block 109
A new beer has been launched in support of grassroots football made from the same seeds as the turf at Wembley Stadium.
Block 109, an England supporters’ group, has teamed up with Portobello Brewery to create the brew.
Every purchase of Wembeerly IPA will include a donation to grassroots for good, a community network that supports the grassroots of the game.
The beer is the first of its kind - made using the same ryegrass seeds as the hallowed turf at Wembley - and has so far been ordered by 15 pubs in London.
Kunal Sapat founded Block 109 in 2018 to “create an inclusive fan group to give Wembley an atmospheric identity”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “In three years, we’ve grown exponentially and raised thousands of pounds for charity, but we’re hoping this project can be our biggest yet and help support the heartbeat of our national game, grassroots football”.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 QPR pull off upset with penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill