Fire tears through St Catherine’s church hall in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
The roof and first floor of a church community hall in Neasden have been destroyed by a blaze.
Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to St Catherine’s hall in Neasden at 4am yesterday as flames tore through the building.
Half of the ground floor and all of the roof of the building were damaged by fire, London Fire Brigade said.
The hall is used by community groups including the Neasden School of Ballet
Dollis Hill councillor Parvez Ahmed, tweeted: “Shocked and surprised to wake up today to the news of a fire at St Catherine’s Church hall #Neasden.
Thankfully no-one was injured. Big thank you to the @LondonFire for their speedy response in bringing things under control so quickly.”
The flames were under control by 7.15am.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 10 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
Fire crews from Willesden, West Hampstead, Wembley, North Kensington, Hendon and other surrounding fire stations attended the scene.
The cause is being investigated.