Blaze hopes to catch the DJ world on fire by winning KISS FM contest
Community radio presenter is shortlisted in radio contest
A RED-hot volunteer presenter is hoping to set the DJ world on fire by winning a fiercely contested radio contest.
AJ King, from Wembley, who is also known as Blaze, has been shortlisted for the KISS FM competition to scoop a three-month contract with the dance station.
The 28-year-old DJ on Bang FM in Harlesden, wowed judges at a live audition in West London for ‘The Chosen One’ contest, beating thousands of other hopefuls to make it through to the finals.
AJ hosts his popular ‘Saturday Breakfast Banquet’ on the community radio station and gives up his free time to work with the Bang FM on projects to help disengaged youths in Brent.
He said: “I’ve been volunteering on BANG FM for almost four years now so it looks as it the hard work has paid off!
“I only entered the competition after a few of my close friends suggested it to me. “There’s still another elimination round to go, so fingers crossed I’ll get through that and hopefully be in contention for the final prize!
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
“I’d be over moon if I won the contract with KISS.
“I’ve been a listener for years and they’re a forward thinking brand which I’d love to be a part of.”
The winner of The Chosen One will be decided by public vote.
To vote for AJ visit http://thechosenone.totalkiss.com/Profile.aspx?id=8