Blaze hopes to catch the DJ world on fire by winning KISS FM contest
Community radio presenter is shortlisted in radio contest
A RED-hot volunteer presenter is hoping to set the DJ world on fire by winning a fiercely contested radio contest.
AJ King, from Wembley, who is also known as Blaze, has been shortlisted for the KISS FM competition to scoop a three-month contract with the dance station.
The 28-year-old DJ on Bang FM in Harlesden, wowed judges at a live audition in West London for ‘The Chosen One’ contest, beating thousands of other hopefuls to make it through to the finals.
AJ hosts his popular ‘Saturday Breakfast Banquet’ on the community radio station and gives up his free time to work with the Bang FM on projects to help disengaged youths in Brent.
He said: “I’ve been volunteering on BANG FM for almost four years now so it looks as it the hard work has paid off!
“I only entered the competition after a few of my close friends suggested it to me. “There’s still another elimination round to go, so fingers crossed I’ll get through that and hopefully be in contention for the final prize!
- 1 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 10 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
“I’d be over moon if I won the contract with KISS.
“I’ve been a listener for years and they’re a forward thinking brand which I’d love to be a part of.”
The winner of The Chosen One will be decided by public vote.
To vote for AJ visit http://thechosenone.totalkiss.com/Profile.aspx?id=8