Bisch switch off
By Dave McIntyre QPR have scrapped plans to sign midfield playmaker Amaury Bischoff from Arsenal. Bischoff, whose long-term future at the Emirates is unclear, had been pencilled in to play during QPR s end-of-season visit to Bahrain ahead of a possible mo
By Dave McIntyre
QPR have scrapped plans to sign midfield playmaker Amaury Bischoff from Arsenal.
Bischoff, whose long-term future at the Emirates is unclear, had been pencilled in to play during QPR's end-of-season visit to Bahrain ahead of a possible move to the club.
However, talks with the Gunners have reached a dead end and the French-born 22-year-old, who has represented Portugal at under-21 level, now looks unlikely to sign for Rangers.
Bischoff has been a peripheral figure since his surprise move to Arsenal from Werder Bremen last summer and has made just three susbstitute appearances for the first-team, all in cup competitions.
But the Rs will soon make their decision on whether to sign Chelsea teenager Jordan Tabor, who has been on trial at Loftus Road.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 8 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The 18-year-old left-back has been closely assessed since his arrival and recently played for Rangers' reserves before featuring for the youth team during a trip to Sardinia.
With his opportunities at Chelsea limited, the player is hoping to secure a move to W12 ahead of next season.
Tabor said: "I'm still with Chelsea but obviously if QPR offer me a contract, it would be something to think about.
"I think QPR are an emerging club with a lot of ambition and joining them would be a good opportunity for me. We'll have to see what happens."
Rangers - who confirmed this week that they will play a friendly against the Bahrain national team on Thursday May 7, as part of their sponsorship deal with Gulf Air - are keen to sign a left-back this summer to provide competition for Damien Delaney.
The club are also hoping to sign Bristol City's veteran target man Dele Adebola on a Bosman free transfer and have shown some interest in Swindon's 28-goal forward Simon Cox.
And the Rs have also made initial enquiries about Swansea City midfielder Darren Pratley.
The former Fulham man, who had two loan spells at Brentford, has played a significant role in Swansea's challenge for a play-off place this season.