Birthplace of Queen’s Park Rangers football team is given a blooming marvellous makeover
Green-fingered workers transform the grounds of St Jude’s Hall in Fourth Avenue
The grounds of a community hall have been given a blooming marvellous makeover at an event organised by a housing group.
The open space surrounding St Jude’s Hall in Fourth Avenue, Queen’s Park, have been transformed into a colourful display of flowers and plants as part of a spring clean.
Workers from CityWest Homes and its housing management contractor, Pinnacle PSG, spent several hours laying soil, filling planters and beds as part of the transformation project which was funded by a �2,500 grant from the Area Management Committee (AMC).
The AMCs, made up of residents, board members and CityWest Homes staff, have been given an annual community chest fund of �10,000.
The funding can be used for by residents’ groups for community or environmental projects and community events.
Darren Levy from CityWest Homes, said: “It’s fantastic to see funding from the community chest being used to benefit the local community and we have seen many great projects like this taking place across our estates.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 8 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
- 9 Jailed: Killer who stabbed father to death for protecting teenage son
- 10 'Dickensian diseases’ to rise as a result of cost-of-living, warns Labour
“The reaction from local residents has been fantastic and we look forward to getting involved in more events like these as the British summer sets in.”
The hall is the birthplace of Premiership team Queen’s Park Rangers which was founded there in 1886.
Last year a commemorative green plaque was erected outside the hall by Westminster Council.