Bio-chemical plant badly damaged in Park Royal fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters have extinguished a blaze which ripped through a bio-chemical plant in Park Royal today.
Residents in the area were evacuated from their homes after the fire broke out at the industrial unit in Midland Terrace at 8.40am.
The building has been badly damaged by the fire which resulted in thick black smoke bellowing in the air including parts of Harlesden and Ealing.
Residents were warned to keep their windows and doors closed.
The fire was under control by 1.45pm and has since been put out.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews will remain at the scene for several hours while investigators probe the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man