Bio-chemical plant badly damaged in Park Royal fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters have extinguished a blaze which ripped through a bio-chemical plant in Park Royal today.
Residents in the area were evacuated from their homes after the fire broke out at the industrial unit in Midland Terrace at 8.40am.
The building has been badly damaged by the fire which resulted in thick black smoke bellowing in the air including parts of Harlesden and Ealing.
Residents were warned to keep their windows and doors closed.
The fire was under control by 1.45pm and has since been put out.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews will remain at the scene for several hours while investigators probe the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting