Best Bets: Wolves v QPR
Rs goals could be hard to find in the Wolves lair
Rangers’ record against Wolves is hardly inspirational. Their last 10 meetings have all occurred in the Championship, although Rangers have managed to win only one of those, losing five.
No wonder Sportingbet price Neil Warnock’s charges at 3/1 to return from the Midlands on Saturday laden with a maximum points haul.
By contrast, Wolves kick off as Betfred’s odds-on (10/11) favourites, a price which is also a reflection of their impressive start to the new campaign.
Yet Rangers will not be heading to the Black Country intent on acting as fall guys and most punters anticipate a very tight affair, a line of reasoning which adds to the appeal of Stan James’s 11/10 price for the opening period to end with honours even.
You may also want to watch:
Nor do punters appear convinced that the Molineux faithful will be in for a goalfest.
Betting markets indicate that the 4/5 available at Coral for the match to produce fewer than 2.5 goals continues to attract plenty of support, while Victor Chandler’s 17/20 that at least one of the teams will fail to score has also proven popular.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Meanwhile, Betfred posts 11/4 in favour of Rangers keeping a clean sheet.
Given Rangers’ recent record against Wolves, punters may fancy taking a slice of Boylesports’ 4/5 for them to win when handed a one-goal start on the handicaps.
Such a bet would pay dividends were the match to end 0-0, an outcome priced at 9/1 by Ladbrokes, or of course, should QPR emerge victorious. According to correct score market enthusiasts, Totesport’s 10/1, priced against a 1-0 away victory is the most likely ‘win’ result for Rangers, and few QPR fans would argue with that.