Best Bets: QPR v Aston Villa
All the odds for Villa’s trip to Loftus Road
QPR and Aston Villa first met in the league back in 1967 and while their meetings enjoy something of a rarity value, it is worth noting that they have never played out a goalless draw in a league match.
There is little to suggest that record will not be extended in Sunday’s televised clash, although contrarian types may still fancy the 8/1 posted by Boylesports for it to finish 0-0.
Following Rangers’ fine 3-0 win at Wolves last weekend, they go into Sunday’s match as Betfred’s 11/8 favourites, with Stan James pricing the visitors at 23/10.
However, Rangers are yet to win at Loftus Road and punters who suspect that Villa will offer greater resistance than Wolves may be tempted by Ladbrokes’ 9/4 odds marked against the draw, especially considering the fact that Alex McLeish’s side have shared the spoils in four of their five games to date.
Those who suspect it will be tight may also wish to consider Sportingbet’s 11/10 price for just one side to find the net.
Elsewhere, 888sport chalk 10/11 about the match producing between 2-3 goals as Coral offer 5/2 against Rangers winning ‘to nil’.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
Neil Warnock’s charges are 8/11 (Betfred) to open the scoring, where DJ Campbell is marked at 13/2 (Victor Chandler) to break the deadlock, while at the other end of the scale, William Hill post an enticing 9/2 against them ‘coming from behind’ to secure either a draw or a victory.
Finally, in the correct score market, Victor Chandler quote 11/2 against it finishing all level at 1-1, while Sportingbet offer 13/2 against Rangers securing a 1-0 win.
Such a victory would not only see them move into the top half of the Premier League table for the first time this season, but may also force bet365 to lengthen their 10/3 odds about them being relegated.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes