Best Bets: Fulham v QPR
Will it be a game of few goals at Craven Cottage?
Queens Park Rangers make the short, but congested, journey through Hammersmith Broadway and along the Fulham Palace Road on Sunday to face Fulham, a side they have not met since losing 2-0 to them in 2001. Indeed, Rangers have not scored against the Cottagers since 1983, although given that was only a handful of matches ago, it doesn’t quite account for their status as 3/1 underdogs with Victor Chandler.
Not surprisingly, Fulham kick off as evens favourites according to Boylesports, a price which partly reflects their impressive show of tenacity and spirit in their last home match against big-spending Manchester City when they came from two goals down to record a 2-2 draw. This is a team not to be underestimated.
Nevertheless, Rangers have conceded in only one away fixture this term, a record which suggests the 10/3 offered by bet365 for Neil Warnock’s men to retain another clean sheet is worthy of further consideration. Rangers’ away form also highlights the appeal of Ladbrokes’ 4/1 odds for both halves to conclude with honours even, while the 4/5 available at Stan James for the match to produce fewer than 2.5 goals cannot be ignored.
London derbies have a habit of being tight affairs and there is every reason to believe Sunday’s encounter will follow in similar vein. Punters who concur can get 9/1 (Sportingbet) about it finishing goalless and 11/2 (Skybet) against the final score being 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
However, those who fancy Rangers to nick it could be in for a rewarding afternoon: 188bet post a standout 11/1 in favour of QPR recording a 1-0 win, while less accurate backers can acquire 9/2 via Paddy Power for a one-goal winning margin. Additionally, Joey Barton is a frothy-looking 14/1 with William Hill to open the scoring once more.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants