Best Bets: Fulham v QPR
Will it be a game of few goals at Craven Cottage?
Queens Park Rangers make the short, but congested, journey through Hammersmith Broadway and along the Fulham Palace Road on Sunday to face Fulham, a side they have not met since losing 2-0 to them in 2001. Indeed, Rangers have not scored against the Cottagers since 1983, although given that was only a handful of matches ago, it doesn’t quite account for their status as 3/1 underdogs with Victor Chandler.
Not surprisingly, Fulham kick off as evens favourites according to Boylesports, a price which partly reflects their impressive show of tenacity and spirit in their last home match against big-spending Manchester City when they came from two goals down to record a 2-2 draw. This is a team not to be underestimated.
Nevertheless, Rangers have conceded in only one away fixture this term, a record which suggests the 10/3 offered by bet365 for Neil Warnock’s men to retain another clean sheet is worthy of further consideration. Rangers’ away form also highlights the appeal of Ladbrokes’ 4/1 odds for both halves to conclude with honours even, while the 4/5 available at Stan James for the match to produce fewer than 2.5 goals cannot be ignored.
London derbies have a habit of being tight affairs and there is every reason to believe Sunday’s encounter will follow in similar vein. Punters who concur can get 9/1 (Sportingbet) about it finishing goalless and 11/2 (Skybet) against the final score being 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
However, those who fancy Rangers to nick it could be in for a rewarding afternoon: 188bet post a standout 11/1 in favour of QPR recording a 1-0 win, while less accurate backers can acquire 9/2 via Paddy Power for a one-goal winning margin. Additionally, Joey Barton is a frothy-looking 14/1 with William Hill to open the scoring once more.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden