Ben Gladwin needs to believe in himself more, says Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has every faith Ben Gladwin will come good for QPR – but says he needs to show more confidence in himself.
Gladwin has struggled to make any real impact during his time in W12 to date, being sent on loan to former side Swindon Town during his first season at the club, as well as picking up various injuries along the way since.
However, Hasselbaink remains hopeful that the former non-league midfielder can be an asset to the Championship side.
He told the Times: “Things have gone really quick with Ben in his career so far. He’s been with me for a while now and I can see he has a lot of quality.
“He has to believe in himself a little bit more, but he certainly has it in his locker.
You may also want to watch:
“It just needs to come out on a more regular basis, and if it does I think we’ll see the best of him.
“Left midfield is his best position where he can come in, but at times I need to play him on the right. He’s a good person to have in the squad.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?