Barham Primary School scoop football’s Brent Cup
Skilled pupils beat their rivals 5-4
A Wembley primary school have achieved success befitting of their location after winning a borough wide football competition.
Barham Primary School, have been crowned the winners of the Brent Cup.
The skilled pupils, from the school in Danethorpe Road, defeated Byron Court Primary School 5-4 in a close encounter.
Gary Williams, assistant head teacher at the school hailed it as ‘the most sensational cup final ever’.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The Barham football team were legends. We got a bit tired but the team kept going as they all had hearts of lions.”
The competition has been running for all Brent schools since the 1970’s.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 6 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 7 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
The final took place on May 11 at Byron Court Primary School in Spencer Road, Kenton.