Barham Primary School scoop football’s Brent Cup
Skilled pupils beat their rivals 5-4
A Wembley primary school have achieved success befitting of their location after winning a borough wide football competition.
Barham Primary School, have been crowned the winners of the Brent Cup.
The skilled pupils, from the school in Danethorpe Road, defeated Byron Court Primary School 5-4 in a close encounter.
Gary Williams, assistant head teacher at the school hailed it as ‘the most sensational cup final ever’.
He said: “The Barham football team were legends. We got a bit tired but the team kept going as they all had hearts of lions.”
The competition has been running for all Brent schools since the 1970’s.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
The final took place on May 11 at Byron Court Primary School in Spencer Road, Kenton.