Barham Primary School scoop football’s Brent Cup
Skilled pupils beat their rivals 5-4
A Wembley primary school have achieved success befitting of their location after winning a borough wide football competition.
Barham Primary School, have been crowned the winners of the Brent Cup.
The skilled pupils, from the school in Danethorpe Road, defeated Byron Court Primary School 5-4 in a close encounter.
Gary Williams, assistant head teacher at the school hailed it as ‘the most sensational cup final ever’.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The Barham football team were legends. We got a bit tired but the team kept going as they all had hearts of lions.”
The competition has been running for all Brent schools since the 1970’s.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 9 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
The final took place on May 11 at Byron Court Primary School in Spencer Road, Kenton.