Awards for dedicated police officers and brave civilians in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Dedicated police officers and brave members of the public in Brent were commended at a special awards ceremony.
The annual Brent Borough Commander’s Commendation Ceremony saw 39 officers being recognised for their actions by Chief Superintendent Michael Gallagher.
In addition civilians Abdi Ali and Abdillahi Sheikh were commended for their public spirit, bravery, honesty and willingness to assist police, and Dave Verma from Brent Council was praised for his commitment to partnership working.
Chief Supt Michael Gallagher, Brent Borough Commander, said: “It’s vitally important to formally recognise the outstanding and excellent work undertaken by our officers and staff, and particularly on this occasion, members of the Brent community.
“This is just a small representation of the kind of work undertaken on a daily basis and it is rightly appropriate to show respect and appreciation this way and to celebrate outstanding examples of integrity, professionalism, courage and compassion.”
You may also want to watch:
The event took place at Wembley stadium on Friday.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed