Award a snip for Willesden hairdresser
Lesley Addington win the coveted prize at just 17
A talented teenager won Hairdresser of the Year 2010 after impressed clients voted for him online.
Lesley Addington, 17, Wembley, only found out he had won the trophy from AOA awards last week.
Mr Addington, who works at Michaels Styles on Willesden High Road, said: “I was just shocked when I heard the news. It’s great that everyone voted for me on facebook.”
Young Mr Addington is an old hand at hairdressing but still studies his craft at West Hertfordshire College.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I have known since I was 13 that I wanted to become a hairdresser. That’s when I first came to work at Michaels Styles. I had the knack straight away and really just needed some polishing up.”
Michael Roberts, owner of Michaels Styles, said he was very proud of Lesley and that he does fantastic work.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election
After finishing college, where he hopes to be fast tracked through, Mr Addington plans to work on fashion shows and eventually open his own salon.