Award a snip for Willesden hairdresser
Lesley Addington win the coveted prize at just 17
A talented teenager won Hairdresser of the Year 2010 after impressed clients voted for him online.
Lesley Addington, 17, Wembley, only found out he had won the trophy from AOA awards last week.
Mr Addington, who works at Michaels Styles on Willesden High Road, said: “I was just shocked when I heard the news. It’s great that everyone voted for me on facebook.”
Young Mr Addington is an old hand at hairdressing but still studies his craft at West Hertfordshire College.
He said: “I have known since I was 13 that I wanted to become a hairdresser. That’s when I first came to work at Michaels Styles. I had the knack straight away and really just needed some polishing up.”
Michael Roberts, owner of Michaels Styles, said he was very proud of Lesley and that he does fantastic work.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 5 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 6 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
After finishing college, where he hopes to be fast tracked through, Mr Addington plans to work on fashion shows and eventually open his own salon.