Auction of prints by Sex Pistols artist Jamie Reid to fund Kensal Rise Library campaign takes place today
Limited Edition pieces by legendary artist will become collector’s items
A series of limited-edition prints will be auctioned off to raise funds for the campaign to save Kensal Rise Library will be taking place this evening (Friday).
Legendary artist, Jamie Reid, who created the Sex Pistols’ album cover for God Save the Queen, has designed and donated 200 signed limited edition prints to the crusade.
The prints will be sold for �30 each at the Masons Arms, in Harrow Road, Kensal Green on February 3.
The prints were on display in Los Angeles where they were being used to highlight the plight of British libraries following government cuts.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Bailey, who is part of campaign group Brent SOS Libraries, said: “We are absolutely delighted about the prints Jamie has designed, signed and so generously donated to us.
“The prints will be a very permanent reminder of the strength and commitment of so many people, and Jamie’s gift is testimony to that. The continued support for our campaign is truly heartening.”
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
Entertainment will be provided on the night by a host of musicians.
Tickets are �5 each and can be bought from Queen’s Park Books, in Salusbury Road, Queen’s Park, L’Angolo Deli, in College Road, Kensal Rise and Minkies Deli, in Chamberlayne Road, Kensal Rise.
The evening will start at 8pm and finish at 1am.