Auction of prints by Sex Pistols artist Jamie Reid to fund Kensal Rise Library campaign takes place today
Limited Edition pieces by legendary artist will become collector’s items
A series of limited-edition prints will be auctioned off to raise funds for the campaign to save Kensal Rise Library will be taking place this evening (Friday).
Legendary artist, Jamie Reid, who created the Sex Pistols’ album cover for God Save the Queen, has designed and donated 200 signed limited edition prints to the crusade.
The prints will be sold for �30 each at the Masons Arms, in Harrow Road, Kensal Green on February 3.
The prints were on display in Los Angeles where they were being used to highlight the plight of British libraries following government cuts.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Bailey, who is part of campaign group Brent SOS Libraries, said: “We are absolutely delighted about the prints Jamie has designed, signed and so generously donated to us.
“The prints will be a very permanent reminder of the strength and commitment of so many people, and Jamie’s gift is testimony to that. The continued support for our campaign is truly heartening.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
Entertainment will be provided on the night by a host of musicians.
Tickets are �5 each and can be bought from Queen’s Park Books, in Salusbury Road, Queen’s Park, L’Angolo Deli, in College Road, Kensal Rise and Minkies Deli, in Chamberlayne Road, Kensal Rise.
The evening will start at 8pm and finish at 1am.