Asian Network presenter new Harlesden Asian women’s charity patron
- Credit: Asian Women's Resource Centre
An award-winning radio and TV presenter is the newest patron of a Brent charity supporting Asian victims of violence against woman and girls.
Noreen Khan, a BBC Asian Network presenter, accepted the invitation from the Asian Women’s Resource Centre (AWRC).
The Harlesden charity helps women and children fleeing domestic and honour-based violence, sexual abuse, forced marriages, FGM and trafficking.
Ms Khan said: “I am honoured that I have been asked by the Asian Women’s Resource Centre to become their patron.
“I am committed and passionate about ending violence against women and girls and I am looking forward to working with them.”
Sarbjit Ganger, AWRC director, said: “She will help not only raise our profile but highlight the importance of black and minority ethnicity specialist organisations that provide lifesaving services for women.”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 8 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'