Asian Network presenter new Harlesden Asian women’s charity patron
- Credit: Asian Women's Resource Centre
An award-winning radio and TV presenter is the newest patron of a Brent charity supporting Asian victims of violence against woman and girls.
Noreen Khan, a BBC Asian Network presenter, accepted the invitation from the Asian Women’s Resource Centre (AWRC).
The Harlesden charity helps women and children fleeing domestic and honour-based violence, sexual abuse, forced marriages, FGM and trafficking.
Ms Khan said: “I am honoured that I have been asked by the Asian Women’s Resource Centre to become their patron.
“I am committed and passionate about ending violence against women and girls and I am looking forward to working with them.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarbjit Ganger, AWRC director, said: “She will help not only raise our profile but highlight the importance of black and minority ethnicity specialist organisations that provide lifesaving services for women.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton