Artist from Sudbury makes Miss London final
- Credit: Archant
A young woman from Sudbury who has battled with an eating disorder has made it as finalist in the Miss London 2015 competition.
Hazel Satija, 25, has undergone over a decade of struggling with anorexia, depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder..
Despite being offered a place at Oxford University , the self employed artist was in one of the worst phases of her battles with her illnesses at the time so had to pass on her place.
She said: “This is the year in which I am strong enough to put myself forward in such a competition.
“I am so keen to help other young women to appreciate their inner and outer beauty and to realise their potential and to see that their intelligence, own unique talents and passions and kindness and selflessness and inner-strength is what makes them an even more attractive female.
“I want to help those with mental disabilities realise that it does get better if you fight and you fight hard. Dreams can be chased and you must always keep sight of them.
The final takes place on Friday at the London Hippodrome.
Support her Instagram page at misshazelsatija.
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 8 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets