Arrested driver bailed after man dies and woman left fighting for her life in Willesden Green car collision
- Credit: Archant
A driver who was arrested after a man died and a woman was left fighting for her life when they were hit by a car has been bailed.
The 33-year-old man was held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and drink drinking after the pair were hit by a Mercedes C Class in Willesden Green on December 17.
The man aged in his 30s was pronounced dead at the scene in Willesden Lane, at the junction Walm Lane, while the woman, who is in her 20s, was rushed to hospital where she is currently in a critical but stable condition.
A male passenger in the Mercedes fled the scene before police arrived.
The driver must return to a police station in March.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit in Alperton are appealing for witnesses, or anyone with any information, to contact them as soon as possible.
Anyone with information should call 020 8991 9555 or 101.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed