Appeals continue to find 83-year-old Leocardo Loney now missing for two months
- Credit: Archant
A 83-year-old with dementia who has been missing from Wembley for two months may be in Herfordshire.
Police continue to appeal for information to find Leocardo Loney who went missing from Willow House retirement home in Victoria Court on August 3.
CCTV footage shows Leocardo left the care home just after 5.30pm but staff only realised he was missing when they went to give him breakfast.
There have been three possible sightings of him, the most recent in Hertfordshire last week.
On August 22 he was seen travelling on a Route 182 bus from Wembley towards Brent Cross.
You may also want to watch:
The second and third unconfirmed sightings were both in Hatfield on September 9 and again on September 28.
His daughter, Marie Loney, said: “I am extremely concerned for my father’s safety. He is a frail, elderly man who suffers from dementia. He is in need of 24-hour care and requires medication.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
Leocardo, who has three grandchildren is described, about 5ft 10ins and of medium build with short grey hair.
At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing a red baseball cap and a black jacket.
The father-of-two was diagnosed with dementia in 2015.
He likes to take the bus and train and also enjoys going to the park and betting shops in the area.
Ms Loney added: “My dad is a real charmer. He’s never had a freedom pass but has found his way to Heathrow and Watford. He’ll be thinking he’s on an adventure but doesn’t know where he’s going, We are really distressed.”
Det Sgt Kenny Hall from Brent CID, said: “Leocardo has now been missing for two months and despite extensive enquiries we have not been able to trace him.
“His family is desperate for information. Leocardo is an elderly and vulnerable man who needs regular medication.
“We would appeal for anyone who may be able to assist, not to hesitate, but call police immediately.”
Call Brent’s Missing Persons Unit on 101 or Missing People on 116000.