Appeal by Kensal Green animal charity after kittens found dumped in Westbourne Park
- Credit: Archant
The Mayhew is urging residents to seek their help instead of abandoning their pets
A charity is appealing to pet owners to seek help if they can’t cope with their animals after a litter of kittens were found dumped over the weekend.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, are caring for the five four-week-old kittens discovered in a crumpled, open box in the bin area of a housing estate in Westbourne Park on Saturday.
The Mayhew has witnessed an increase in dumped animals, especially kittens, and are urging owners to seek help rather than callously throw their pets out in the street.
The charity runs many initiatives to help pet owners and provides free and low cost neutering appointments in order to tackle the pet overpopulation crisis, and the subsequent high number of abandoned young litters being tossed aside with the rubbish.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Edwards, the Mayhew’s managing animal welfare officer, said: “Over the last month we have dealt with so many cases of abandoned, young animals.
“With a charity like The Mayhew offering help and advice to all pet owners and providing low cost and free neutering and vaccinations, there is no excuse for the people who are continuing to discard their pets.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
“We are appealing for everyone to realise that neutering saves lives as a neutered pet means no unwanted litters. Anyone can approach us for advice and we are always happy to help.”
For more information or to book an appointment call The Mayhew’s community vet clinic on 020 8968 2447 or visit www.themayhew.org.