Animal charity pledges grants of up to £10k for others who help vulnerable pets in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Animal organisations in the borough are able to apply for a grant of up to £10,000 to help them safeguard vulnerable pets.
Support Adoption For Pets (SAFP), a nationwide charity helping abandoned and homeless animals, is pledging £4,000 or £10,000 to other smaller animal re-homing organisations to celebrate its 10th year.
Amy Wilson, charity manager at SAFP, said: “We want to appeal to as many rescues as possible in offering financial aid as every re-homing centre is hugely worthwhile, particularly in its local area.”
To celebrate its decade helping vulnerable animals, SAFP has revamped the grants it has available with a deadline for applications on February 26.
Twenty £4,000 grants are available through the new Helping Paws award with the donation to go towards items such as microchips and scanners.
The charity is launching this tier of the year-long grant scheme now ahead of the law change on micro-chipping in March.
For larger organisations in Brent, SAFP will also award ten £10,000 grants for renovation projects which may include enrichment paddocks, fencing, exercise areas or renovations to upgrade existing kennels, catteries and animal housings.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 5 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 8 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 9 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
Ms Wilson added: “We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate our 10th Birthday than to introduce an exciting new grant scheme. The tiered structure means that throughout the year there should be a grant relevant to every re-homing rescue in the country, big and small, starting with these.”
If you know a local centre that could use this funding go to supportadoptionforpets.co.uk.
Applications for both grants close on February 26.