Pets invited to animal thanksgiving service in Kensal Green
- Credit: Archant
Cats, dogs and hamsters are among family pets invited to be blessed at special service in Kensal Green.
The Animal Blessing and Thanksgiving Service for Pets is taking place on Saturday at St Martin’s Church in Mortimer Road at 2pm.
Rev Graham Noyce will lead the service, now in its 19th year, which is timed around the feast of St Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals.
Pet owners of any denomination can come together and celebrate the special relationship they have with the animals that share their lives.
All well behaved cats, dogs, birds, rabbits and guinea pigs are welcome but if a pet is nervous or has died, owners can still bring a photo to be blessed.
Those unable to attend at all can send the name and some details about their pet, which will be included in the service.
Refreshments will be provided after the service.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07778 453578