Ambrose deal still on the cards
By Ben Kosky QPR are still confident of bringing Crystal Palace midfielder Darren Ambrose to Loftus Road before they kick off the new season next month. Manager Neil Warnock offered his old club �750,000 for their top scorer – who has a year left on his S
By Ben Kosky
QPR are still confident of bringing Crystal Palace midfielder Darren Ambrose to Loftus Road before they kick off the new season next month.
Manager Neil Warnock offered his old club �750,000 for their top scorer - who has a year left on his Selhurst Park contract - earlier this summer, but the bid was spurned by Palace's new owners.
Warnock's number two Mick Jones told the Times: "The bid's on the table and it's substantial. Remember, we took him to Palace on a free transfer and we feel the bid is more than fair.
You may also want to watch:
"But Neil's in two minds in that he wants to look after Palace as well and that's why the offer is a good one. If they ask for more I can't see us upping the bid, but equally I can't see them keeping a player who doesn't want to be there.
"Hopefully it's going to get resolved and Darren will become our player before the start of the season. If he doesn't, we've got other people in mind.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
"With a bit of luck, we'll have three more signings before the kick-off. We're just waiting for people's responses now and if we get the right response we'll get them in as soon as possible."
Warnock has already signed defender Clint Hill and midfielder Shaun Derry from Palace since he quit his job there to take over at Rangers in March.