Alperton Bus Garage to host charity open day
- Credit: Archant
Transport bosses will be opening a bus garage in Brent to the public as part of a charity fundraising celebratory event.
Visitors to Alperton Bus Garage in Ealing Road, can explore the building, view an exhibition and enjoy a free non-stop ride on a vintage vehicle on June 7.
The garage, which is operated by Metroline, first opened in June 1939 and was extended in the second half of the 1970s, however it still looks similar to the original building.
Admission costs £2 each with all proceeds going to St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton.
The open day is the second in a series across London to celebrate the Year of the Bus.
Other London bus garages opening their doors on this summer are Stockwell Bus Garage (June 21), Fulwell Bus Garage (June 28), Potters Bar Bus Garage (July 5) and Walworth Bus Garage (July 19) and Dartford Bus Garage (September 7).
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets