Almost 3,000 Brent residents are signed up to website for cheating partners
Survey shows that 26 per cent of married Londoners have had an affair
Almost 3,000 residents in Brent are members of a dating website for cheating partners.
According to figures by IllicitEncounters.com, a total of 2,906 people living in the borough are looking for a secret lover.
The website commissioned a survey which revealed that 26 per cent of married people in London have had at least one affair and eight per cent admitted to cheating more than five times.
With 5,740 residents signed up Kensington and Chelsea has the highest number of members in London.
The website is free for women but can cost men up to �134.99 for four weeks membership.
Rosie Freeman-Jones, website spokeswoman, said: “Longer working hours and the stresses and strains of living in the capital during the recession has put a huge strain on marriages.
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 6 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 7 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 8 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
“As a result we have found that a growing number of Londoners have been tempted to look outside of their relationship to release the pressure of an unhappy home life and a punishing work schedule.”