All MPs fine and Tulip Siddiq ‘locked inside safe room’ after Parliament terrorist attack
- Credit: Supplied by Tulip Siddiq
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq has confirmed she is safe and well after a suspected terrorist attack near the Houses of Parliament.
She wrote on Twitter: “I am fine and my office is fine.
“Locked inside safe room in Parliament. Internet access very poor.
She added: “Thank you for positive messages.”
All other MPs are understood to be safe, including Finchley and Golders Green MP Mike Freer, Holborn and St Pancras MP Keir Starmer, Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West, Brent Central MP Dawn Butler and Brent North MP Barry Gardiner.
A female pedestrian has died and there are many others with injuries, some of which are “catastrophic”, according to Dr Colleen Anderson from St Thomas’ Hospital.
Shots were heard at about 2.45pm as a policeman was stabbed and his attacker shot by officers.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
- 7 Giant inflatable theme park opens in Colindale
- 8 'Clean your own roads for Queen' - council says
- 9 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 Jailed: Killer who stabbed father to death for protecting teenage son
The attacker mowed down several pedestrians as he drove a grey Hyundai i40 across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings, running through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbing the officer.