All MPs fine and Tulip Siddiq ‘locked inside safe room’ after Parliament terrorist attack
- Credit: Supplied by Tulip Siddiq
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq has confirmed she is safe and well after a suspected terrorist attack near the Houses of Parliament.
She wrote on Twitter: “I am fine and my office is fine.
“Locked inside safe room in Parliament. Internet access very poor.
She added: “Thank you for positive messages.”
All other MPs are understood to be safe, including Finchley and Golders Green MP Mike Freer, Holborn and St Pancras MP Keir Starmer, Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West, Brent Central MP Dawn Butler and Brent North MP Barry Gardiner.
You may also want to watch:
A female pedestrian has died and there are many others with injuries, some of which are “catastrophic”, according to Dr Colleen Anderson from St Thomas’ Hospital.
Shots were heard at about 2.45pm as a policeman was stabbed and his attacker shot by officers.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
The attacker mowed down several pedestrians as he drove a grey Hyundai i40 across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings, running through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbing the officer.