All aboard the fun bus as it rolls into Brent
Mobile initiative offers free workshops for the borough’s schoolchildren
While most people associate buses with sitting in traffic or getting from A to B a new brand of bus has rolled into Brent for the summer.
The Fun Bus, will be offering free workshops for schoolchildren throughout the holiday period.
Thanks to a successful bid for funding by Brent’s community safety team, the bus is offering free activities to young people aged seven to 11.
As well as being able to enjoy a variety of Olympic themed activities a free healthy tuck bag of fruit, crisps and water will also be offered at every workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Lincoln Beswick, lead member for crime and public safety at Brent Council, praised the scheme.
He said: “The bus will provide some free creative and stimulating fun for young people which will not only help them stay active, make friends and enjoy the summer but also hopefully help them learn more about staying safe and secure during their well-earned break from school.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
The fun bus will be at Crownhill Road in Harlesden and Wesley Road in Stonebridge, Church Road, Willesden and Peel Precinct, Kilburn.
For more information and dates go to http://www.brent.gov.uk/home.nsf/news/LBB-1749