All aboard the fun bus as it rolls into Brent
Mobile initiative offers free workshops for the borough’s schoolchildren
While most people associate buses with sitting in traffic or getting from A to B a new brand of bus has rolled into Brent for the summer.
The Fun Bus, will be offering free workshops for schoolchildren throughout the holiday period.
Thanks to a successful bid for funding by Brent’s community safety team, the bus is offering free activities to young people aged seven to 11.
As well as being able to enjoy a variety of Olympic themed activities a free healthy tuck bag of fruit, crisps and water will also be offered at every workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Lincoln Beswick, lead member for crime and public safety at Brent Council, praised the scheme.
He said: “The bus will provide some free creative and stimulating fun for young people which will not only help them stay active, make friends and enjoy the summer but also hopefully help them learn more about staying safe and secure during their well-earned break from school.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
The fun bus will be at Crownhill Road in Harlesden and Wesley Road in Stonebridge, Church Road, Willesden and Peel Precinct, Kilburn.
For more information and dates go to http://www.brent.gov.uk/home.nsf/news/LBB-1749