Ali Al Har murder investigation: Appeal for information about Wembley man stabbed in Tufnell Park
- Credit: Archant
A man charged with the murder of a 25-year-old from Wembley has appeared at the Old Bailey.
This is the first picture of Ali Al Har from Wembley, who was stabbed to death in Tufnell Park last week.
It comes after Abdirahman Abdulahi, 24, of Brecknock Road, appeared in court on Wednesday charged with murdering Mr Al Har in Corinne Road on September 18. He was charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon on Saturday.
Kyron Samuels, of Atwell Place, Oxford, was charged with assisting an offender, and was also due in court yesterday.
Mr Al Har, 25, was the fourth person to be stabbed to death on Islington’s streets this year.
You may also want to watch:
Brett Thompson, 63, of Corinne Road, tried to save Mr Al Har after he was knifed in the leg.
The former solider told the Gazette: “There were three of us trying to stop the bleeding. Blood was pouring out of his femoral artery.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
“He had lost about four pints. It was everywhere.
“I asked him his name and he said ‘my name is Ali and I’m from Wembley’, in between screaming ‘I’m dying’.
“It’s so sad – he was only a young man.”
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “A man aged 25 was found suffering from a stab wound. Officers immediately provided first aid.
“The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.07pm.
“His next-of-kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course – enquiries continue.”
Abdulahi and Samuels have both been remanded in custody until October 22.
Did you know Ali Al Har? Call Lucas at the Times news desk on 020 7433 0121 or e-mail email@example.com