Alan Carr donates Million Pound Drop winnings to The Mayhew Animal Home
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Alan Carr donated his winnings from a game show this evening to an animal rescue home in Kensal Green.
The TV personality picked The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, as his chosen charity after he won £2,500 on the celebrity version of Million Pound Drop on Channel 4.
The donation will help thousands of abandoned animals escape a life of fear, cruelty and neglect.
The 38-year-old host of Chatty Man said: “I am thrilled to have been able to help The Mayhew Animal Home - even in such a small way.
“They deserve every penny and I just hope my appearance on the show will inspire people to donate their time or money to this great charity and give some wonderful animals a second chance.”
This programme, hosted by Davina McCall, features a different game each week where contestants can win or lose life changing amounts of money on the high jeopardy game show.
For more information about the Mayhew visit themayhew.org/
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data