Affordable housing to be built on site of former showroom in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
A housing association have been given the green light to build flats on the site of a former showroom in Willesden Green.
Network Housing Group has won planning permission from Brent Council to demolish the building and replace it with 25 affordable housing properties.
The project, which is receiving £1 million funding from the Greater London Authority (GLA), will see the creation of 20 one, two and three bedroom shared ownership and five affordable rent apartments, above 4,013 square feet of retail space on the ground floor.
The disused electric goods showroom in Willesden Lane, was turned into offices in 1985 and was Network Stadium’s head office for over ten years, before the company relocated to Wembley.
Susmita Sen, director at Network Stadium Housing Association, said: “There is a great need for affordable housing in Willesden Green and this development is an exemplary scheme which incorporates high quality design, energy efficiency and landscaped gardens right in the heart of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The award winning architects behind the scheme, Stephen Marshall, has reflected its Art Deco roots in the new design including a clock feature and a curved edge to the front of the building.
Construction at the site will begin in autumn 2013 with the first homes available in January 2015.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
For any enquiries about the shared ownership flats please email email@example.com