Adlene Guedioura could still join QPR, says Chris Ramsey
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
EXCLUSIVE: QPR head coach Chris Ramsey has not given up hope of signing out-of-favour Crystal Palace midfielder Adlene Guedioura before the transfer window closes.
Ramsey is a long-term admirer of the Algerian playmaker, who impressed while on loan at Watford last term as they secured promotion to the Premier League.
Rangers appeared close to completing a move for Guedioura last month, but the former Nottingham Forest man is assessing all the options available to him before making a decision on his future.
Despite Rangers already signing a host of midfield players this summer, Ramsey says the 29-year-old adds something different in that position to what they already have and with Sandro’s long-term future at the club still very much up in the air, Guedioura remains a transfer target.
When asked if the deal was dead Ramsey said: “I would still say no as he offers something that bit different in midfield and until the transfer window closes we don’t know whether Sandro is going to be here or not.
You may also want to watch:
“We are stacked in that area but it’s about getting the right combination because you know that’s the heart of the team and if you don’t get that right you know you’re going to be in trouble. So no, that’s not out of the window.”
Elsewhere, Huddersfield goalkeeper Alex Smithies is undergoing a medical at QPR today ahead of a £1.5million move.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
QPR are also considering making a move for Norwich striker Gary Hooper. The former Celtic striker came close to joining the Rs two years ago, before turning them down to join the Canaries. A loan move would be more favourable for Rangers.