A third Brent councillor resigns from the cabinet
- Credit: Archant
A councillor in Brent has stepped down from the cabinet making it the third resignation in three months.
Cllr Wilhelmina Mitchell Murray has resigned as the lead member for children and young people.
The Wembley Central councillor took on the role last May following a cabinet reshuffle by Cllr Muhammed Butt, the leader of the council.
Cllr Mili Patel, who represents the Alperton ward and is married to Kensal Green councillor Matt Kelcher, will take on the role.
Cllr Butt, said: “Cllr Mitchell Murray has informed me that, for personal reasons, she feels it is necessary to step back from her cabinet role.
“I have reluctantly accepted Wilhelmina’s resignation and, on behalf of the Labour Group, would like to thank her for her service and for her selflessness in considering whether or not she was still able to meet the demands of the role.
“I have asked Cllr Mili Patel to take on the statutory cabinet member for children and young people position, and know that she’ll make a great addition to cabinet.”
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
Cllr Mitchell Murray’s resignation comes a month after Cllr Roxanne Mashari stood down as lead member for employment and skills.
In October, Cllr Michael Pavey resigned as the lead member for stronger communities just five months into his role due to a ‘different vision’ with Cllr Butt.