£750k revamp of approach at Willesden Junction train station is complete
- Credit: Archant
A £750,000 scheme to make Willesden Junction train station safer and more secure for passengers is now in place.
Additional CCTV cameras are among the features of the revamped Station Approach, the road linking the station to Harlesden town centre.
Scott Lester, borough programme manager of Transport for London’s surface planning directorate, said: “The benefits are substantial.
“New street lighting will help passengers feel more secure when travelling at night and the wider footway will be a significant benefit to pedestrians.
“Together with new cycle parking and accessible bus stops, we have also improved the carriageways in Station Road and into Station Approach with anti-skid surfaces.”
Leroy Simpson, chairman of Harlesden Town Team, welcomed the improvements.
He said: “In early 2011, we had increasing concerns over the deteriorating conditions along the access routes to Willesden Junction station.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“Since negotiating funding, we have been closely involved in the planning and design process and now that the building works have been completed the response from the community has been extremely positive. “The much needed improvements have definitely brightened thousands of passengers’ journeys.”
The scheme was funded by Network Rail, Transport for London and the London boroughs of Brent, Ealing and Hammersmith and Fulham.