A faulty hot water cylinder sparked a blaze that damaged a house.

Part of the first floor and most of a dormer extension were damaged in the fire in Wembley on Saturday.

A total of six fire engines and around 40 firefighters were called to the blaze in Bowrons Avenue at 10.21am.

Crews used one of the London Fire Brigade's 32m turntable ladders as an observation tower as they tackled the flames.

The fire was under control by 11.43am.

A hot water cylinder was destroyed but there were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by a fault in a hot water cylinder.

Firefighters from Wembley, Park Royal, Acton and surrounding fire stations attended the scene.