A man died after he was stabbed in the heart in a frenzied attack at a Halloween nightclub event, a court has been told.

Givani Espuet, 21, was killed outside Aura Lounge nightclub in Wembley on October 20 last year.

He was stabbed 10 times, including one wound which went through his heart. Jurors were told that the stab wounds were inflicted by two different knives.

Kadeem Hibbert, 29, of no fixed address, Theo Simon, 33, of Wood Green, Bruce Hutchinson, 29, of no fixed address, Courtney Forrester, 25, of Luton, Sahid Kpaka, 27, of Wood Green, and Andre Brown-Watson, 36, of Haringey, are charged with murder.

They are also charged with violent disorder, to which Forrester and Kpaka have pleaded guilty.

Opening the case at the Old Bailey on Tuesday, prosecutor Tony Badenoch KC said a “furious row” broke out inside the club and “spilled out on to the street”.

Hibbert, who was celebrating his birthday with friends at the venue, had booked a table.

He began arguing with Mr Espuet and his group at about 2am, it is alleged.

When the two groups went outside, “physical violence erupted… punches were thrown and scuffles broke out”, Mr Badenoch said.

Brent & Kilburn Times: The Aura, Harrow RoadThe Aura, Harrow Road (Image: Street View)

Jurors were shown CCTV footage of the men fighting and shouting in the street outside the club.

Hibbert punched Mr Espuet before lunging towards his chest with a knife, the court was told.

Brown-Watson was stood next to Hibbert at the time and would have seen he had a knife, prosecutors allege.

Simon was seen on CCTV taking a knife from the waistband of his trousers before unlocking the blade and lunging towards Mr Espuet, appearing to stab towards him, jurors were told.

The group chased Mr Espuet along the road outside the venue, attacking him in full view of queuing traffic and an ambulance before “isolating” him between two parked cars, the court was told.

Mr Espuet collapsed to the ground while the group repeatedly “kicked, punched and stabbed him”.

“These defendants stabbed an unarmed man” before fleeing the scene by car and on foot, Mr Badenoch said.

“They acted together with one single purpose.”

The crew from an ambulance, which was in the area by chance, immediately began attempts to help Mr Espuet but he died at the scene from blood loss.

Four other men charged in connection with the incident will be tried at a later date.

The trial continues.