£10m makeover planned for Bridge Park Sports Centre in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
A rundown sports centre in Stonebridge could undergo a multi-million pound makeover.
Bridge Park in Harrow Road, could be home to a swimming pool with moveable floor, a 65-station gym, four court sports hall and sauna and steam rooms.
The overall cost is estimated at £10m but Brent Council is hoping for a grant of several millions of pounds from Sport England.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, who represents the Stonebridge ward and works closely with youths in the borough, said: “I’m delighted that the council has decided to redevelop the Bridge Park Leisure Centre. The area was crying out for better facilities.
“I hope the development will encourage the community to use the new state of the art facilities especially, young people. We’ve had quite a few sports stars from the area and I hope this inspires a new generation sportsmen and women from Brent.”
You may also want to watch:
The plans are still at its infancy and consultations will be heard at a later date.
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 6 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 'There's more to a club like Wealdstone than what happens on the pitch'