101 Dalmations come to Ark Academy in Wembley
Students dressed up as their favourite character for world book day
Literature-loving children celebrated World Book Day by dressing up as their favourite book character.
Hundreds of students at Ark Academy, in Forty Avenue, Wembley, swapped their uniforms for floppy ears as they enjoyed a day dedicated to great reads.
Delia Smith, Ark Academy headeacher, struck an imposing figure as Cruella de Vil, anti-heroine of Dodie’s Smith’s classic 101 Dalmatians.
She said: “We had characters from every branch of fiction and pupils had really thought hard about who they’d play and how characters are represented in books.
You may also want to watch:
“The day was a lot of fun but also a chance to build enthusiasm around the library and reading.”
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 3 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 4 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 5 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 Reader letter: Levelling up not possible in Brent
- 10 Wembley Park's bars and restaurants back in business on May 17