Who is this boy and was he from Kilburn?
- Credit: Archant
Do you know who this young boy is? Possibly from Kilburn he was snapped 100 years ago.
The Army Children Archive (TACA) is seeking information about this child for their ‘Faces and Families’ album, part of a project about army children of the First World War.
The saluting child, dressed in a frilly shirt and short trousers, and wearing a British soldier’s bandolier and cap, was taken in July 1916, as pencilled in on the back of the real photograph.
The printed information said it was taken in the “Curzon Studios/115 and 168 The Grove, Stratford E/224 High Road, Kilburn, N.W”
The photo was found at a postcard fair.
You may also want to watch:
Clare Gibson, founder of TACA said: “Without any way of identifying the boy – and his father – we’re making an educated guess that he’s an army child because the British soldier’s bandolier and cap that he’s wearing is most likely his father’s. It would be fascinating to know more about him.”
A huge number of British children became ‘temporary’ army children when their civilian fathers joined the army as volunteers or conscripts.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 7 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 8 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
‘The Army Children of the First World War’ project is TACA’s contribution to the First World War Centenary Partnership’s programme to inspire young and old to connect with the lives, stories and impact of the First World War.
If you know anything about this picture, please email email@example.com