Wembley Stadium beats the home of Arsenal to win live music award
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Stadium has scooped an award recognising live music venues.
The building in Engineer’s Way, beat off stiff competition to be named as the ‘Best Venue Teamwork – Stadium’ at the Live UK Music Business Award.
Other contenders for the title included the Emirates Stadium in Holloway, home to Arsenal Football Club.
The awards recognise excellence and talent among promoters, venue operators, festival organisers and agents, through to artiste managers, tour managers, show producers, brand impact and record label partnerships.
Other awards include Breakthrough Artiste, Best Festival Performance and Unsung Hero.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Frayling, head of Wembley’s music and new events team, said: “It is always great to get recognition, but this award is extra special for two reasons. Firstly, it is voted for by industry peers and then approved by a panel of relevant industry experts. “Secondly, it is for the whole team at the stadium, for teamwork shown from the planning phase, through to the get-out and settlement.
“This award recognises everybody’s efforts in all those tricky moments that events produce. It is for the whole stadium team and those who were proud to have received the
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw