Wembley Stadium beats the home of Arsenal to win live music award
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Stadium has scooped an award recognising live music venues.
The building in Engineer’s Way, beat off stiff competition to be named as the ‘Best Venue Teamwork – Stadium’ at the Live UK Music Business Award.
Other contenders for the title included the Emirates Stadium in Holloway, home to Arsenal Football Club.
The awards recognise excellence and talent among promoters, venue operators, festival organisers and agents, through to artiste managers, tour managers, show producers, brand impact and record label partnerships.
Other awards include Breakthrough Artiste, Best Festival Performance and Unsung Hero.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Frayling, head of Wembley’s music and new events team, said: “It is always great to get recognition, but this award is extra special for two reasons. Firstly, it is voted for by industry peers and then approved by a panel of relevant industry experts. “Secondly, it is for the whole team at the stadium, for teamwork shown from the planning phase, through to the get-out and settlement.
“This award recognises everybody’s efforts in all those tricky moments that events produce. It is for the whole stadium team and those who were proud to have received the
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 7 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding