Wembley Stadium beats the home of Arsenal to win live music award
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Stadium has scooped an award recognising live music venues.
The building in Engineer’s Way, beat off stiff competition to be named as the ‘Best Venue Teamwork – Stadium’ at the Live UK Music Business Award.
Other contenders for the title included the Emirates Stadium in Holloway, home to Arsenal Football Club.
The awards recognise excellence and talent among promoters, venue operators, festival organisers and agents, through to artiste managers, tour managers, show producers, brand impact and record label partnerships.
Other awards include Breakthrough Artiste, Best Festival Performance and Unsung Hero.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Frayling, head of Wembley’s music and new events team, said: “It is always great to get recognition, but this award is extra special for two reasons. Firstly, it is voted for by industry peers and then approved by a panel of relevant industry experts. “Secondly, it is for the whole team at the stadium, for teamwork shown from the planning phase, through to the get-out and settlement.
“This award recognises everybody’s efforts in all those tricky moments that events produce. It is for the whole stadium team and those who were proud to have received the
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton