Traditional May Fair in Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
All are invited to a traditional May Fair in Wembley this Bank Holiday.
The traditional May Fair hosted annually by the Church of the Ascension in The Avenue, is back with a wealth of entertainment for young and old on Monday from 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
Watch the crowning of the May Queen who will be at the front of all the Spring time celebrations.
Young girls from 3rd Wembley Pack Brownies will be dancing round the Maypole to weave traditional patterns followed by the Wembley Scottish Dance society performing a country dancing display after which people can join in.
The event, now in its 37th year, is also bringing back the children’s animal farm which was so popular last year.
You may also want to watch:
Many stalls selling home-made jams and chutneys, cakes, cream teas and other refreshments or jewellery, pins and needles, plants, books and toys will also be on sale.
Buy a raffle ticket and be in with a chance of winning some prizes.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Free Covid webinar for Brent residents wary of getting a vaccine
Monday May 4, Church of the Ascension, The Avenue. 1pm-4.30pm. Admission free.