Traditional May Fair in Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
All are invited to a traditional May Fair in Wembley this Bank Holiday.
The traditional May Fair hosted annually by the Church of the Ascension in The Avenue, is back with a wealth of entertainment for young and old on Monday from 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
Watch the crowning of the May Queen who will be at the front of all the Spring time celebrations.
Young girls from 3rd Wembley Pack Brownies will be dancing round the Maypole to weave traditional patterns followed by the Wembley Scottish Dance society performing a country dancing display after which people can join in.
The event, now in its 37th year, is also bringing back the children’s animal farm which was so popular last year.
Many stalls selling home-made jams and chutneys, cakes, cream teas and other refreshments or jewellery, pins and needles, plants, books and toys will also be on sale.
Buy a raffle ticket and be in with a chance of winning some prizes.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 4 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Roundwood Park tap removed after children use it to fill balloons
- 9 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
Monday May 4, Church of the Ascension, The Avenue. 1pm-4.30pm. Admission free.