Traditional May Fair in Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
All are invited to a traditional May Fair in Wembley this Bank Holiday.
The traditional May Fair hosted annually by the Church of the Ascension in The Avenue, is back with a wealth of entertainment for young and old on Monday from 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
Watch the crowning of the May Queen who will be at the front of all the Spring time celebrations.
Young girls from 3rd Wembley Pack Brownies will be dancing round the Maypole to weave traditional patterns followed by the Wembley Scottish Dance society performing a country dancing display after which people can join in.
The event, now in its 37th year, is also bringing back the children’s animal farm which was so popular last year.
Many stalls selling home-made jams and chutneys, cakes, cream teas and other refreshments or jewellery, pins and needles, plants, books and toys will also be on sale.
Buy a raffle ticket and be in with a chance of winning some prizes.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
Monday May 4, Church of the Ascension, The Avenue. 1pm-4.30pm. Admission free.