Traditional May Fair in Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
All are invited to a traditional May Fair in Wembley this Bank Holiday.
The traditional May Fair hosted annually by the Church of the Ascension in The Avenue, is back with a wealth of entertainment for young and old on Monday from 1.30pm – 4.30pm.
Watch the crowning of the May Queen who will be at the front of all the Spring time celebrations.
Young girls from 3rd Wembley Pack Brownies will be dancing round the Maypole to weave traditional patterns followed by the Wembley Scottish Dance society performing a country dancing display after which people can join in.
The event, now in its 37th year, is also bringing back the children’s animal farm which was so popular last year.
You may also want to watch:
Many stalls selling home-made jams and chutneys, cakes, cream teas and other refreshments or jewellery, pins and needles, plants, books and toys will also be on sale.
Buy a raffle ticket and be in with a chance of winning some prizes.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
Monday May 4, Church of the Ascension, The Avenue. 1pm-4.30pm. Admission free.