Three buildings in Wembley Park to take part in Open House London tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Three of the best know buildings in Wembley Park will be giving the public access to restricted areas tomorrow as part of Open House London.
Visitors will be treated to behind-the-scenes views of Brent Civic Centre, the London Designer Outlet and will be given a tour of the Wembley Park Masterplan as part of the annual event which allows the public to explore the architecture and design of buildins throughout the city.
Three different tours will be on offer throughout the day with the creative teams from Wembley Park developers, Quintain, Flanagan Lawrence architects of the
area’s 5,000 new homes, LDA Design, landscape and public realm designers, and Hopkins Architects, who designed Brent Civic Centre.
The 85-acre area around Wembley Stadium is undergoing a transformation from a brownfield site to a major new destination and neighbourhood for London as part of a 20-year project.
You may also want to watch:
To take part in a tour you need to meet at any of these designated meeting places:
• Wembley Park’s masterplan tour - Meet at the Yellow Pavilion, off Olympic Way, Wembley (10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm).
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
• Tour of the London Designer Outlet – Meet next to TGI Fridays in Wembley Park Boulevard (11am, 12pm and 1pm). Maximum of 15 people per tour.
• Brent Civic Centre in Engineers Way, will be open from 10am – 5pm.
For more information visit the Open House website.