Three buildings in Wembley Park to take part in Open House London tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Three of the best know buildings in Wembley Park will be giving the public access to restricted areas tomorrow as part of Open House London.
Visitors will be treated to behind-the-scenes views of Brent Civic Centre, the London Designer Outlet and will be given a tour of the Wembley Park Masterplan as part of the annual event which allows the public to explore the architecture and design of buildins throughout the city.
Three different tours will be on offer throughout the day with the creative teams from Wembley Park developers, Quintain, Flanagan Lawrence architects of the
area’s 5,000 new homes, LDA Design, landscape and public realm designers, and Hopkins Architects, who designed Brent Civic Centre.
The 85-acre area around Wembley Stadium is undergoing a transformation from a brownfield site to a major new destination and neighbourhood for London as part of a 20-year project.
You may also want to watch:
To take part in a tour you need to meet at any of these designated meeting places:
• Wembley Park’s masterplan tour - Meet at the Yellow Pavilion, off Olympic Way, Wembley (10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm).
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
• Tour of the London Designer Outlet – Meet next to TGI Fridays in Wembley Park Boulevard (11am, 12pm and 1pm). Maximum of 15 people per tour.
• Brent Civic Centre in Engineers Way, will be open from 10am – 5pm.
For more information visit the Open House website.