‘Local List’ launched to offer some protection to important buildings in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Do you know of a building in Brent which is important to your neighbourhood?
If so you are being urged to nominate it to be included in a ‘Local List’ which will give it some protection if it is subsequently bought by a property developer.
The importance of any building on the list will taken into account by Brent Council during any subsequent planning application to change its use.
Cllr Margaret McLennan, Brent Council’s lead member for housing and development, said: “Brent has a wonderful range of buildings and structures that stand as examples of our fascinating and diverse history and we care about protecting this heritage.
“This consultation is a chance for residents to have their say on the pieces of Brent’s fantastic heritage that are most important to them.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage people to go online and nominate their favourite site of historical interest to be considered for inclusion on the Local List.”
In addition to buildings, structures, gardens and cemeteries cal also be included on the Local List.
To nominated a building visit here.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates