Brent organisation to hold awards championing the borough’s youths
- Credit: Archant
Action In The Community will be holding the Pride Of Brent Awards Ceremony in March
A community organisation is hosting its first ever awards event to recognise the outstanding achievements of youths in the borough.
The Pride Of Brent Awards Ceremony by Action In The Community (AITC) will take place in March but nominations are needed.
AITC is urging friends, families and teachers to put forward a young person between the ages of 12-18 for an award.
The six categories are; highest GCSE grades, most improved student, positive contribution, creative arts, sporting achievement and most innovative young person.
You may also want to watch:
David Mullings, AITC founder, said: “For too long we have rewarded those children who have been underachieving for small positive shifts in their behaviour and forgotten to acknowledge those who have consistently been achieving.
“We feel it necessary to highlight and reward these youth for their positive contributions. In doing so we believe that this will raise the aspirations of those who are not fulfilling their potential.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
“We are hoping that Brent Council will continue to work with us as a community group as we intend to make The Pride of Brent Awards an annual event to celebrate some of the gifted and talented children we have in this borough.”
Nominations must be in by February 8.
All short listed nominees will be notified by February 13 and invited to the ceremony which will take place at Brent Town Hall on March 1.
To download a nomination form visit http://www.aitc.org.uk/events.htm