Notting Hill Carnival: Special parking measures in Kensal Green, Kensal Rise and Queen’s Park
PUBLISHED: 15:42 23 August 2016 | UPDATED: 15:42 23 August 2016
Special parking measures will be in place in Kensal Green, Kensal Rise and Queens Park to ease congestion caused by the Notting Hill Carnival.
This Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday parking, including within bays, or waiting will be banned on the following streets:
• Banister Road
• Chamberlayne Road, between Kilburn Lane and Mortimer Road
• Harrow Road (Kensal Green), between Kilburn Lane and College Road
• Kilburn Lane, the west and north sides, between Harrow Road (Kensal Green) and the south-western arm of Claremont Road
• Mortimer Road, the north side only
• Station Terrace, outside the Kensal Rise tube station entrance/exit
To compensate for the restrictions permit holders of KC and KG zones and their visitors will be able to park within KL, KR and KQ zones on those days.
In addition KR zone permit holders living in Mortimer Road and their visitors will be able to park within KL and KQ zones.
On the north side of Kilburn Lane between the south-western arm of Claremont Road and the north-eastern arm of Claremont Road there will be no parking or waiting during the carnival.
However parking is permitted in bays.