Search

Drugs gang from Brent jailed for a total of 43 years

21:38 23 July 2013

Officers raided homes in south Kilburn as part of Operation Grissino on January 23

Officers raided homes in south Kilburn as part of Operation Grissino on January 23

Archant

Officers arrested the 26 men after storming homes in Stonebridge and south Kilburn

Gang members sentenced to under two years

Rakeem Blackford, 18, of Stafford Road, south Kilburn - one year and seven months

Lamar Bowen, 22, of no fixed address - one year eight months.

Jermaine Clarke, 27, of Shrewsbury Road, Stonebridge - nine-month community order and a four year post conviction Asbo.

Mohammed Ensser, 24, from Milton Keynes - 10 months.

Said Mohamed, 20, of Jubilee Close, Harlesden – one year.

Asher Morrison, 21, of Alric Avenue, Harlesden - one year six months and a five year post conviction Asbo.

Bababode Oladipo, 30, of Hazledean Road, Harlesden - six months.

Jemell Robinson, 23, of no fixed address, admitted conspiracy to supply class A drugs – one year eight months.

A 15-year-old from Kilburn - 18-month youth rehabilitation order with electronic tagging and supervision.

A 16-year-old from Kilburn - 12 month youth rehabilitation order with supervision.

Three 17-year-olds from Kilburn -one year in a young offenders institution and a two-year Asbo, 10 months in a young offenders institution, a two-year youth rehabilitation order with supervision.

An 18 year old man (who was 17 at time of conviction) from Kilburn – one year four months in a young offenders institution.

A gang who planned to flood the streets of Brent with drugs have been jailed for a total of 43 years following two police operations.

The 26 males age from 15 to 49 were arrested and subsequently charged with drugs offences following the intelligence-led initiative by the Met’s Operation Trident Central Gangs Unit

Officers stormed homes in south Kilburn as part of Operation Grissino on January 23 and raids on the Stonebridge estate took place a week later in Operation Gerbon.

They seized crack cocaine, heroin, various drugs paraphernalia and significant sums of money during both operations.

They also uncovered a cannabis factory.

The Times witnessed both operations which were carried out at dawn.

Apart from a 17-year-old who was sentenced at North West London Juvenile Court all were tried at Harrow Crown Court.

The first sentence was handed down in March but reporting restriction were in place until the final person was jailed last week.

DCI Tim Champion, from Trident, said: “This is a great example of the proactive work Trident conducts with local boroughs to tackle violent gang members involved in the supply of harmful drugs.

“By successfully removing the negative role models and their gang associates within the local community we are hoping to prevent young people from joining gangs in the first place.

“Being in prison it is not a positive experience.

“There is nothing trendy about having a criminal record. It only makes it harder to get a job or into further education. “There is nothing untouchable about being involved in violence and crime. It can lead to getting arrested, sent to prison, seriously injured or even killed.

“We cannot tackle gang violence alone. We are working with partners, agencies and communities to offer ways out of gangs and divert young people away from what can become a very destructive path.”

Click on the photo gallery to see 12 of the men who were sentenced to more than two years for a variety of drug offences.

0 comments

Latest News Stories

A 400m police cordon has been lifted after specialists removed an unexploded WW II bomb

Police have lifted a cordon around the Wembley Park area as bomb disposal experts conclude work to move an unexploded World War II bomb discovered in a car park.

This 50 kg bomb was moved out of Wembley for detonation this afternoon (Pic credit: Twitter/@Rupert_Frere)

Police chiefs have confirmed that an unexploded World War II bomb discovered in a Wembley car park will be moved to a secure location to be detonated today, meaning weekend sports fixtures at nearby Wembley stadium will be unaffected.

Anis Abid Sardar has been given two life sentences

A black cab driver from Wembley who murdered an American soldier by planting a roadside bomb in Iraq has been given two life sentences today.

Bomb disposal experts worked throughout the night after the device was discovered in a building site.Credit: Twitter @Rupert_Frere

More residents have been evacuated and motorists are being warned to steer clear of road closures in Wembley today as experts work to make safe an unexploded World War II bomb discovered in a car park.

Most read news

Competitions

Time to experience the dizzy heights of London's tallest attraction!

Morgan Pryce, commercial property experts based in London are offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of tickets to The Shard viewing platform in the city itself.

Cheers!

We’re giving you the chance to win six cases of this fab Bradshaw Chardonnay.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Brent & Kilburn Times e-edition today E-edition
Family Notices 24


Our trusted business finder