Drivers warned of traffic delays on the North Circular Road (A406) in Neasden from tomorrow
PUBLISHED: 13:08 08 January 2016 | UPDATED: 13:08 08 January 2016
Drivers are being warned to allow extra time for journeys on the North Circular Road at Neasden from tomorrow as work will resume following a break for Christmas.
One lane will be closed in both directions of the A406 between Brentfield Road and Neasden Lane until March 8 to allow the work to take place causing possible delays.
In addition further lane closures will take place between Staples Corner and the junction at Harrow Road, in both directions, tomorrow from 10pm.
On Sunday the westbound section of the A406 between Staples Corner and the junction at Harrow Road will be fully closed from 12.30am to 5.30am.
On Monday the eastbound section between Harrow Road and Neasden Lane North will be fully closed from 12.30am to 5.30am.
From Monday at 5am until early March a contraflow between Drury Way and Neasden Lane North will be put in place.
To ensure the work does not affect the sleep of local residents during the night Transport for London will be rolling out a range of measures to reduce noise, vibration and disruption, including:
• Noise-reducing acoustic barriers where appropriate
• Compressors and generators fitted with acoustic covers to reduce noise
• Vehicles, plant and equipment fitted with exhaust silencers
• Regularly monitoring dust levels
• Reducing airborne dust by using water sprays
• Taking steps to ensure lights do not shine into people’s homes
The work is expected to end on May 26.